We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

12 years ago...

...I married the woman of my dreams. I remember walking around the temple in Washington D.C. thinking "Yes, this is the woman I want to marry, this is the woman I want to spend this life and eternity with. Now, twelve years later, I look back and do not regret this decision one bit. We have been through a lot of hardship, trial, and pain, and we made it through: Wanting children, dealing with family issues, demands of church callings, 8 years of college, financial hardship, negotiating two different cultures and languages, etc.
And yet, we are still together. I remember our time in Vienna, our little studio apartment in Bargteheide, lunches on the playground, camping in the Uintas, our road trip through 6 states in 26 days, Prom 2015, days at the beach, BYU football games, settlers of Catan night with the Hulings, adventures at the Brinton's, raising Lukas, and enjoying every new phase.
Jessica, I love you. Thanks for not giving up on me. Thank you for raising our son so well, and being his teacher! As I am trying to write this, I realize that I am at a loss for words. My heart is full, and I wish you could feel what's in my heart because I know that my actions don't always reflect my intentions. Happy 12th anniversary, my love!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Never in a million years could we have picked a better son-in-law! You and Jessica are such a perfect match in every way. We love you both and adore Lukas! Happy anniversary to one of our favorite couples!