We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day

I love Mothers Day for the pure fact that the boys go to extra lengths to spoil me and make me feel loved and special. Otherwise, I think it's a useless guilt-inducing Hallmark Holiday made to stimulate the economy. The big man and little man sent me over to get a pedicure, which I pretty much never do, so I get bright happy colors painted on while watching soccer and reading shallow magazines. Lukas wanted so badly to bake a cake shaped like a heart with which to surprise me, and could not WAIT for the 'big reveal' the next morning after he and dad baked together. It's just as much fun to see him give so much effort to do something special as it is to be on the receiving end of all that trying. Love this little man and all the joy he shows me in life. 





No comments: