We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

First Apple Pie

This is no cherry pie, bought 'sight unseen' by Mrs. Sanders from the 4th Grade at Hubbard Heights Elementary School in Fort Worth, TX. Nope. It's apple. But the stories being told as Lukas and I made it together had me smiling. My mom is an amazing pie-maker. The crust is always flaky,and dad loves nothing more, I'm pretty sure, than cherry pie made by my mom. She always let me put the bumps in on the sides with my little pinky.  We have recently discovered that someone in the house under 5 feet tall can't get enough of Granny Smith apples, so a pie was made. 
Thanks again JM for the Best Bites cookbook! It's never let me down!


No comments: