We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sunshine in my soul today

Everyone needs an Uncle David & Aunt Patty. The type of people who can show up, make you feel loved, valued, and sometimes spoil you too. That relationship that fills your bucket no matter how long it's been since you've met up. The one you look forward to continuing and will move mountains to make that happen. Every morning while they visited I'd wake up, pack Lukas into the car and drive 45 minutes north to meet them at the luxurious resort where they were staying for a Spice Conference. It was like out of a movie, and the atmosphere was awe-inspiring. I saw the freedom and happiness that comes with positivity, and what stuck with me is something David said while sitting at the edge of a bubbling hot tub after playing pool-football with Jared and a bunch of random guys at the hotel pool : I don't have room and time in my life for negative people anymore. I want to surround myself with positive and motivated people. 

They had invited us for lunch at a beautiful restaurant on the golf course, and it was so fun that David finally got to meet Jared and Lukas for the first time! David said to me after hanging out with Jared for awhile, "Holy &^$^! He is AWESOME Jess!!"  :)  

Yes, David. I agree. As are both of you!!

No comments: