We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Friday, April 11, 2014

Gewinne, Gewinne, Gewinne

To use up the rest of the tokens during Jared's spring break, we headed over to Chuck e Cheese for the evening. The boys played this pirate game for at least a half hour, working together to blast away little creatures running towards their pirate boat as they made way down a river. I was there to take pictures and offer moral support, and to know what Lukas would be talking about later that night when he would say he couldn't sleep because he imagined the huge crabs running towards the pirate boat. And I inhaled my fair share of bacon, eggs, cottage cheese over salad at the endless salad bar. I was starving at 4pm, and with nothing to do but watch them shoot things, I had no distraction from my stomach. Now that I started Crossfit, whenever I am hungry, I feel ravenously hungry. The huge creepy Chucky Mouse came out and threw a jillion tickets in the air. We were the only ones around to claim almost 200 tiny papers that we painstakingly shoved into the ticket counting machine. One.at.a.time. After scoring some cheap 'made-in-china' toys from the prize counter (and me sighing relief that only one of them was candy) we left, celebrating the last bday partiness for the bday kid. Lukas is the new proud owner of a Chinese yo-yo, thrilled that he "can do it better than the American yo-yo."

No comments: