We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Whale watching boat trip

A turning point. A tipping point. A boiling point. The straw that broke the camel's back. We have many saying to convey the moment in which something has reached a point of elemental overload, causing a certain change. A turn. A tip. A boil. A break. 

A moment in which a change is needed is a huge opportunity to use decision power and change our course. We can choose the change or fall victim to the change, letting the change merely 'happen' to us, instead of becoming the catalyst. 

I wanted to choose to have an adventurous life, to feel like I was living instead of merely surviving, so in a non earth-shattering way it happened. We planned a whale watching trip and dinner out in old town with a friend. A break from the routine and a pause from responsibilities A way to fill my inner bucket and set me apart from all the crazy stress of the last months. A chance to be me. The inner me who loves adventures, loves to be fit, to climb, to search out and explore. If what I do represents who I really am, then I was currently the sucker. Doing things for everyone else except myself, and feeling tired and empty, and slowly resentful towards every trial and person behind a few of those trials.

So we jumped in. We went on a three (or four) hour tour. Saw a bunch of dolphins. and learned to stand on the boat without holding onto anything, even as it pitched on the waves. Now, to go forward in life and do likewise. 





No comments: