We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

YW Night of Excellence









This event has been the crux of many a conversation during preparation week leading up to it. The leaders put on some studio C skits inbetween the talents and showing of excellence that the girls displayed. Sadly, there weren't any pictures of the skit I was in but I made all the sets for it and basically we redid the skit "inner city spelling Bee" done by Studio C. It was so so so funny. Guess people were too busy laughing to take a picture. And it's not like I was their kid, so why take a picture, right? haha. Anyways, had a good time. Using the rocks to decorate our garden now. Was a ton of prep for lots of unprepared girls. Sheesh. These kids asked me to play the piano for their song 15 minutes before start time. I used to play it tons as a teenager (I walk by Faith) so luckily I felt ok playing it. Sure had the jitters though... like it was me doing a recital piece. Hoping next year goes smoother.










No comments: