We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day at Sea World with Mom











That kid who wants to wear a mask everywhere for awhile. Glad a have a picture, because it got lost at Wal Mart a few days later and there was major devastation to be had. To his credit, it was pretty cool. And loss is still hard sometimes. Okay, most times, but we get through and then it's forgotten and life moves on. Like a spinning cup at sea world... always moving, always swirling, sometimes makes me want to 'toss my cookies'. Can I just say how glad I am that my child is insanely tall for his age, and that he can ride this thing alone? I used to love spinny things but something has changed over the last years and now I feel my stomach turn just watching him. Literally nautious. Weird. So I take pictures, or appear to take pictures to avoid the yuk feeling. 

I love hanging out with this little dude at Sea world. When he chooses where to go and what to do (because let's face it- it's Sea World, and what do I care?) it's fun to see his personality come out. His likes. His dislikes. His preference that particular day. The way he stares at swimming turtles and the way he dances in front of those bendy mirrors. The way he sings "I Like to Move it Move it" when we see Madagascar's dancing show. Super fun kid, this one. And free to enjoy quiet moments amongst the amusement part bustle. On the gondola, we just sit. And stare out at the ocean and cuddle in the breezy coolness of the higher altitude. And then race to see our funny pictures at the ends of rides. :)

No comments: