We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Friday, October 25, 2013

Bates Nut Farm

Nothing will ever replace Davis, CA's Grandpa's Barn for us, but when I saw a farm in the area with tractor rides and animals to pet, off we went! Lukas even got to ride a pony, walk through a hay-maze, and humor me by walking through the ginormous barn/kitsch shop. (The old fashioned candy we were going to try was a huge help to that part of the adventure.) We saw jillions of school kids, and I felt glad that we could take as long as we wanted, could enjoy the peace of not being corralled from one area to the next, and could have some time just taking in the cute animals there! Lukas especially seems drawn to goats. Makes me wish we had a larger piece of land with a goat to help mow the lawn. He's so careful and sweet with animals, and my mommy heart fills with joy seeing my little boy in that light. So kind. So careful. Wanting to pet instead of scare them. 

We saw the funniest signs in the Christmas shop, and I wouldn't buy them, but found them clever =)
At the end we watched livestock, and the little man was especially amused by the pooping donkey, of course, and even asked me to borrow the camera to take a picture. Haha!! 



















No comments: