We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Friday, September 6, 2013

Shark attack

Lukas was recently invited to a party that I completely forgot about. With Jared's surgery the day before, and fixing our car's brake rotors and my broken cell phone the morning of, it was literally fhe Last thing in mg mind. In fact, when fhe kid's thoughtful mother called 1/2 hour into it, Lukas had been snoozing away for over an hour! I woke him and asked him if he wanted to go. (To a birthday party? Is the pope Catholic?)

Swim clothes on and out the door within 10 minutes, the little man was so tired, but so glad he got to go. After all, these shark fins have gotten mileage in our house ever since! 

When all was done, I felt so grateful that someone else's cup runneth over when my plate is full.

1 comment:

V said...

Clever party idea.

I'm so glad you posted; I've been worried about you...I kept linking over to your blog looking for updates on how you are doing. How is Jared?