We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Lamb Piggy Bank

I had told Lukas that if my old piggy bank was still there, that he could have the money in it. I had no idea if I would even find it, but there it was. All of the kids had one. Justin had a big pink pig decorated with a red Mexican flower on the side. I'm pretty sure Joel had a brown bear, Jeremy a gray sitting pig, and I had this lamb. The only catch was, once money went in, it never came out. The material with which it was made though was pretty soft, for a fired piece, and some of the boys chipped holes in there to get the treasure. This thing has never been opened. Until I finally convinced Grandpa Meredith that it was in fact mine, and that it wasn't ruining memories by opening it or even breaking it. (Side note: I love that he called Joel, who has since the coming of the piggy banks had brain surgery and memory loss, to ask about the authenticity of my memory. LOL) Grandpa has cool gadgets out in the garage and opened poor lammy without having to smash him. It was one of those cross-generational "moments." I wanting to pass along one thing to my kiddo, and grandpa wanting to hang onto a happy memory with his. Glad it all worked out. Look at how giddy Lukas was to open it! Glad I can create drama memories for Grandma and Grandpa in the present.  




No comments: