We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Letter "I" Week

Indianer, Instrumente, Introspection (lol) 
It was fun to play this week and have a few fun things to make. The boys decorated their headbands and carefully chose feathers. I know it's not really politically correct, but the stories were of real people, and the instrument-drum playing was a hit. The dandelions were out in masses this week, carpeting the hillside. The boys kept running up to me giving me more and more. Good ol' man competition. Lukas has a sure win though. :) That boy had me at hawwo (hallo). The other thing I loved about this week was watching the love of God come out of this kid- in the way he is so inquisitive about nature, and how he takes a lot of time to consider the lilies-- or the ants-- in the field. How they grow. How they move. What they look like when dead or alive. And I love the way he shows natural friendship to his sweet friend Craig. Craig is the neighborhood boyscout. He has showed my son how to burn ants with a magnifying glass, strike matches, and whittle with a pocket knife. He is 9 and in 3rd grade. He uses a wheelchair because his legs don't work, and the boys love to take turns rolling him sometimes. They're also amazed at how fast Craig zooms down the sidewalk on his skateboard, because the little boys always fall off. But not Craig... And they love it. And they love him. And it makes me feel so proud of my son! 







No comments: