We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pirate FHE- Arrrrrr!

We had FHE with Elder Wittle and Elder Goble, our friend Jill and her two girls. We had a pirate treasure hunt to learn that "You are a child of God and he has a plan for you!" Jared dressed like a pirate (epic) and the kids had handkerchiefs on their heads. They went from clue to clue, and found scriptures, a picture of Joseph Smith, and then a gold rock with their little message attached. All three kids have hung onto that rock or the message all week. Lukas held his little rock in his palm for most of his doctor visit (with scarlet fever).

These Elders have been awesome in our ward. They're super friendly to the members, get along with each other so well that they even made a photo Christmas card to hand out (haha!) and after we were asked to participate in a recent baptism, Jared got called as the Asst. Ward Mission Leader.  I am super grateful for missionaries who are outgoing, who help my child be excited about doing missionary work (and going on a mission someday!) and who aren't afraid to talk about spiritual things, and teach with the spirit.

Elder W. got transferred the very next morning after this picture to work as an Assistant to the Mission President.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the treasure hunt idea! And totally unrelated to your post...but what is on the wall behind you "harder 2 B true"??

Jess said...

Haha, It's the picture words to the 2013 primary theme song: if the savior stood beside me. I still have it from when I started playing the piano for primary back when Ixchelle was the chorister. I made a jillion posters back then and use them for fhe if its the song of the month or year. Thanks for the kind comments! I always love hearing from you!! You're such a great mom too, so it means something comin from Portland!

Bonnie said...

I love the idea of making posters of the songs! I might have to do that. Did you come up with the ideas or find them somewhere?

Jess said...

I came up with them...just whatever came to mind to fit the main words...kinda like those friend magazine stories. I could send you ideas for the ones I already have. Sometimes clip art worked, so I'd use that, which was a bit easier sometimes.

Bonnie said...

Yes, please do!

Jess said...

Funny how giddy I feel when someone thinksss an idea of mine is good enough to want to try it themselves! Lol. I'd be happy to snap pics of them and send in an email.

Jess said...

P.s. I currently want to copy your bedroom color scheme. love it! Just weighing out the possibilities of window ideas in our apt where the window doesn't sit center of the wall. I'm hoping that an extra long rod can make the window look bigger and add symmetry around the bed at the same time. I just can't decide a curtain color! (first world problems. ) P There. I hope giddiness ensues. :) haha