We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

 What makes a Thanksgiving Day complete? Well... a big hill of dirt. Lots of open space. Some Turkey-bowl Flag Football. Lukas' first tackle. Young women catching long bombs (amazing!). Bike riding afterwards. Maybe even some Thanksgiving sweet bites after. Dinner at the Woolley's big wooden dining room table with the long bench. Idaho happiness. Jumbilos on little fingers. Delicious turkey that I didn't need to make! Little ones watching Wallace & Grommit. Feeding a guinea pig lettuce. Brother Woolley reading to little kids, including mine. Playing Monopoly. Amazing desserts. Being full. Feeling grateful for the blessings in my life. I am grateful to feel tired, because my body functions to play and serve all day. I am grateful to do laundry because it means I have clothes. I'm grateful to wake up warm, because I have a cozy apartment and soft bedding.  I'm grateful to hear Jared's alarm go off in the mornings, because it means he has a job. I'm grateful to pick up all the plastic toys out of the tub once the water's seeped out, because it means I have a little kid who plays in it. Life is good. We're richly blessed.









No comments: