We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Friday, December 28, 2012

I looked out the window and what did I see...

...popcorn balls for Christmas just for me!  Except, with us eating healthy and all, it's kind of gross that I didn't even to cover them and they'd stay soft for days. Childhood memory relived....check. Aaaaannnd, maybe for the last time. Repeats of long ago events tend to be a bit sobering, eh? Like watching Flight of the Navigator, now that the technology and special effects of the eightys seem so elementary to today's norm. Haha. Realizing the ingredients of stuff I ate as a kid and wondering the havoc it may or may not have reeked on my system: bologna, hotdogs, Texas T soda, banquet chicken, canned stew, all those little debbie snacks and SC&O lays chips I bought for myself with paper route money in Middle School, all the Stove Top and instant mashed potatoes from High School, not to mention the hords of Ramen Noodles consumed in high school and college, helped by boxes of Rice-a-roni and canned soups. So here's to nutrition. And an end to an era of popcorn balls. The moment was magical though, sitting there on the kitchen floor before bedtime, indulging in the sugary, buttery, corny goodness. 

No comments: