We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Anticipation 2012

The other night as we paid a young woman in our ward to babysit our child, I felt like we somehow arrived to some place I used to think was in the distant future. It's not that the days of free date-swapping are over (at least I sure hope not!!), but in order to have someone put my kiddo to bed at my house in his own bed, and go on a date that's 3 hours, ...we folded.  And the perks of being the Laurel's Adviser are kicking in. Good girls. Get to know them a bit. And my son sees them often and knows who he likes, and who likes him and gives him attention.

And then to hang out at an all adult gathering, where one has to create small talk with people one doesn't know well until ones you know better show up. We were the token "young couple" there. I'm still not sure how we made this list. Thank Jared for his coolness amongst people he runs into here and there. It was fun, and I witnessed the most hilarious white-elephant exchange I have ever seen. I laughed so hard, and noted how much funnier and less reserved people get once they have teenagers. It was liberating. And again, so so stinkin' funny.

Lukas was thrilled to get to pillow fight, roughhouse, eat grapes, read books and just play with Kim before crashing. And I hadn't thought before how exciting it would be for him to have someone come over just for him. The anticipation was high before she arrived. In our family prayer he thanked Heavenly Father three times "that Kim Binfet was coming over to play with me." 

And he can't WAIT to open his presents on Christmas Eve!!

No comments: