We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Hi Mama!!"


With one car in the family, we've mostly been car-less while Jared heads to work. Which is fine. I love not paying another car payment, or for more gas, or for more insurance. But on this day, we took Jared to work so we could go grocery shopping in the morning. The stores we needed to visit weren't open til at least 8am and we had time to spare, not wanting to head home just to leave again. Lukas reeeeeally wanted to go back to Oak Reparian Park to hike around again (as we had Conference Weekend) and I had another one of those very frequent conversations with myself that goes something like this:

Well.... why not?

So we went, and were there as the sun was coming up (Jared goes to work early! We literally work up and took him to work. I'm sure we looked super classy. Ha!)

It was a really fun and peaceful morning, despite my momentary feelings of impatience for just wanting my kiddo to do something right now, but in those moments I have most often noticed that it is my own impatience and outside stress causing those feelings. Not SO much the kid. He is after all, still just three, despite his size and language ability which could both fool you.  I loved that he was so excited to be up that high, and turned to me waving, "Hi Mama!!"  And said "Wir sind hiking buddies Mama" (Melt heart here.)
Yes, Lukas, we are good little hiking buddies!

No comments: