We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~





Loehrmann Family Favorite Recipes

Monday, March 26, 2012

Love from Kuwait & North Carolina











I want to remember these cards because they were made with a lot of love, and because I know that many many papers in this house may not make it past the next move, thanks to digital technology and my track record of losing or breaking something in almost every move. I was blown away by the cleverness of Avery's "Happy Birthday to Ewe" pictures and the thoughtful messages she wrote. Payton's pop-up was amazing and totally adventurous like he is :) I can't believe he's finally 8 yrs old and chose to follow Jesus and get baptized. That's a big step for a young man and we're really proud of him. Can you not help but smile upon seeing Paige's "I <3 you" -- all of it made my day, my week actually, and it makes me smile all over again just to read them again. And Payton has a letter due in the mail soon!
Justin got back from Iraq via Kuwait awhile ago, and got these camels for all his kids and nieces and nephews. Lukas thinks he's pretty cool and promptly showed him around the place :)  I was also thrilled to get a new cookbook with TONS of amAzing pictures of the food (a must in these parts) that I can try- the Thai peanut noodles, meatballs, and this yummy salad are on the top of my list to try! Thanks Justin & Jana & kiddos for a really memorable bday package!!! :)

No comments: